A Candida test is easy to do in the comfort of your home in a matter of just a few minutes. In most cases it will detect if an overgrowth of yeast is present in your body. The test I am referring to is called the “Candida Spit Test” or the “Candida Saliva Test“. Thrush is the older name that was used and I can remember the term that many used “Thrush Mouth” because it showed up as a sign in the mouth. The white tongue was a sign that a person had Thrush hence the name Thrush Mouth. Maybe the newer term Candida is used more now because the fungus that causes Thrush is called Candida.
How To Do The Candida Thrush Test
This simple test can be done from the comfort of your home.
The first thing you do in the morning:
1. Get a 10 to 14 oz clear glass drinking cup and fill it up with water 3/4 of the way.
2. Spit gently onto the top of the water
3. Let it sit for 2 to 5 minutes and watch it form.
4. If your spit remains floating in a nice, cohesive blob or dissolves into the water, chances are you do not have a bad Candida condition.
5. If you find your spit beginning to develop long strand like tendrils that dissolve down into the glass of water then you probably have Candida overgrowth.
6. If your spit spreads out over the surface of the water and suspended particles form this is also an indication you may have a Candida condition.
Below are two different pictures of what the “Spit Test” or “Saliva Test” may look like if you have a Candida Overgrowth.
Any of the following can mean you have a Candida Overgrowth.
1. Spit Test shows long strand like
tendrils that dissolve down into the glass
2. spit spreads out over the surface of the water
3. Spit Test shows suspended particles in the middle of the glass and a glob at the bottom
4. If any of these conditions show up in this test it could indicate you have the symptoms of Candida-Thrush.
The test and information above is just a brief introduction to what Candida is and how to see if you may have this condition. I urge you to read the other pages on this website so you will know more about Candida and how it spreads from one person to another. You will also learn other ways to identify and treat Candida. Read more about some other tests below.
The reasoning behind the test is straight forward.
If you have Candida overgrowth, it will usually show up in the saliva test. When you spit into the glass, the aerated saliva is lighter than water. Nevertheless, Candida is heavier than either. Whether it sinks and gets “legs”, depends on how bad it is, or drifts around in the water, all are indications of Candida. The more you see, and the quicker you see it, the even more systemic the infection. Candida concentrates in saliva overnight, so this examination is most accurate first thing in the early morning.
Some people claim this examination is not accurate, however that has actually not been my experience. Out of the many times I’ve recommended that somebody do the spit evaluation, simply to confirm that they had Candida, only once did somebody inform me that their evaluation disclosed clear water and no debris, that they did not have Candida, when it was obvious from all their indications that they had Candida overgrowth.
Amongst the whole lots of who checked positive, all had Candida indications. I’ve heard more frequently, though still only rarely, from people who said their blood test or feces sample test was undesirable, despite the fact that they were clearly suffering, based upon their indicators and the spit examination, from Candida overgrowth. So this spit evaluation is at least as accurate as these expensive evaluations that doctors have you do. Our version of the spit test is conveniently available from right at your home and about as accurate as those that the medical professionals recommend being done. It’s up to you what you want to do when it comes to detecting Candida.
Notice: Do not just rely on the spit test as some say it is not scientifically accurate.